My little one has a new found love for pasta, and she very cutely calls it “PASHA” Now who can say no to that. I have made several pasta dishes before, but once I started cooking pasta for Reya I decided to even make a simple pasta sauce at home. Try out and let me know what you guys think.
Ingredients for the Red Sauce
- Red Chilli Powder
Ingredients for the Pasta
- Baby Corn
- Pasta ( Of your choice)
- The first step is to make a slit on the tomatoes and blanch them in water for 5-8 mins on medium to high heat.
- Chop up all the veggies. I have picked the ones that we like you can replace with any veggies of your choice
- Once the tomatoes become soft, remove them from the water peel off the skin and set aside
- Boil a large pot of water and a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of oil stir well and add in the pasta, once cooked remove them run under cold water and set aside
- In a saucepan add a tablespoon of oil and add 3-4 cloves of garlic. Once they are slightly golden add the peeled tomatoes and a cup of water and blend it. I used a hand blender and did it directly in the saucepan. You can do this in the mixer as well.
- Once you have achieved the consistency of the sauce. season it with salt according to your taste. Add the oregano, red
chillipowder and half a teaspoon of sugar. Bring it to a boil and set aside
- In a pan heat, some oil add onions and all the veggies and saute them until they are soft and cooked. Add the sauce and re-season if required.
Finallyadd the pasta and mix well.
Enjoy it hot with your kids!!